Distinction is one of our core values in Daystar Schools. The other two are discipline and diligence. Distinction, in the context of this write-up, means excellence that sets someone or something apart from others.
Some synonyms of distinction include honour, prestige, merit, worth, reputation, eminence etc. scripturally, our God Is a God of love 1John 4:8; He is omniscience (all knowing); omnipresence (Present at all places) and omnipotence (all powerful).
These unique features, amongst other attributes of God, make Him distinct from other gods. God is love. He loves us unconditionally. Romans 10:12, “For there is no distinction between Jews and Greeks; for the same Lord is Lord of all, and is rich to all who call on him’. This clearly shows that God’s love towards mankind is not as people of the world would do. What exactly had the children of Israel done to earn the love of God? Nothing. God does His things anyhow He wants and no power or authority can challenge Him. God’s love is infinite and unconditional. It is far beyond the best of what people are capable of. Matt 5:44 says, “But I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use and persecute you. These distinctive attributes of God endear all those who have clearly understood His love.
WHAT MAKES OUR SCHOOL A SCHOOL OF DISTINCTION?
- Our teaching and learning activities are tailored towards meeting the needs of individual learners.
- We create lifelong learners who thrive in school and beyond. Our trainings are aimed at creating students who will be able to cope with the outside world once they graduate from our school.
- Our school is not just a place for teaching and learning, but a place full of self-care. That is why one of our vision statements is, “To be the leading educational institution where the best method peculiar to every child is adopted to help in self-discovery”
- It is a place where educators are encouraged to continue the act of learning and also develop their skills and teaching strategies so as to continue to be relevant in a dynamic world as ours.
- It is a school where Godly principles are taught the students to enable them excel in life through the fear and wisdom of God.
- In our school, we fully understand the relationship between effective leadership and the teaching and learning output. Our leadership team works with passion so as to create a collaborative and inclusive learning environment for the staff as well as the learners.
These and many other things we do help our school to be marked and known for distinction.
Principal (DAYSTAR COLLEGE)